Monday, April 22, 2013

Progress on Large Hexies, I-Spy Swap and More

I've been short on finished projects lately...but I have been making some progress on projects I started a while ago.  Some of you may remember the birthday I spent quilting...well I've mostly finished the Rocket Boys Hexie top...

...Anson approves.

The quilt is for a twin sized bed, but I laid it out on our queen to decide if I should trim the sides straight or cut out some partial hexies to fill things in and all Anson wanted to do was jump on the bed.

Or rather try to jump on the bed since he doesn't have the coordination to jump yet.

As soon as I get off the computer, I'll be using some of my left over Rocket Boys fabric to cut out a quilt for a soon-to-be-born nephew.  I'll be using the This Way and That pattern from Sisters and Quilters.


I also finished up sorting and mailing all the squares for the most recent I-Spy Swap.  The squares haven't even been out of the house for a day and Becca was already begging for more squares to sort and rather irritated when I told her there weren't any ready.  (As in there are plenty of squares she could look through and play with, but she wants to sort them out into sets.)



I'll be hosting another swap soon, so if you're interested let me know and I'll add you to the email list to notify when it opens.  This might be the last swap for several months at least until I work through the squares I've got.  When I mailed the squares for the previous swap, I discovered that one of our postal ladies quilts, so this time around I took a little bundle of extras for her...partly in hopes she wouldn't be too made about all the packages I had to mail today.

And this is not a work in progress yet...but hopefully will be soon.  When I checked my mailbox after sending off all those fabric squares, my order from Sisters and Quilters was waiting for me.

I'm not typically a fan of licensed character fabric, but I have a weak spot for book characters (only if they were a book character before they made any debut in videos...think Dr Seuss and Fancy Nancy...not Dora or Disney princesses.)  My favorite of these is the balloons from The Places You'll Go on the far left.  And while I was at Sisters and Quilters for the Dr. Seuss fabrics, I just couldn't pass up some other fun I-Spy prints from their sale section (buy 3 get one free...at least as of 4/22/2013).  One of the things I LOVE about Sisters and Quilters is that you can get 1/4 yard cuts and they will make up a custom bundle for you so you can pick and choose just the fabrics you want from any collection.

I'll be making a book quilt with Seth's kindergarten class next week.  Hopefully some kid will choose something Dr. Seuss as their favorite.

Please show my sponsors some love...
Urban Mod Half Yard Bundle from Sisters and Quilters
Create You Own Fat Quarter Bundle From Sisters and Quilters
Dr. Seuss Fat Quarter Bundle from Sisters and Quilters

I'll be linking to:
SixSistersStuff.com A Mommy Adventures Keeping It Simple abc buttonTip Junkie handmade projects giveaways make it wear it   Katie's Nesting Spot Photobucket Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party! abc buttonShibley Smiles Fresh Poppy DesignPoint of View: A Creative Collaboration,a creative collaboration,point of view,point of view a creative collaborationThe Girl CreativeOr so she saysSo I Married A Craft BloggerWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures (and kids) look gorgeous! Great quilts an fabrics!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And such adorable kiddos too! I've never thought about joining an Ispy swap...that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anson is too cute jumping your bed, he looks like he is having so much fun. What size did you make your hexagons? I love the look of the quilt, so colorful. Have you done anything with the leftover triangles yet? I bet Becca was a big help sorting through all the squares. I am looking forward to sorting through the squares with my nephew, he loves to put them into groups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Hexie quilt. Love the fabric collection. Your little guy is adorable. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that both your kids are loving your quilts, and that becca loves sorting. a quilter in the making. Just found your blog today. What a nice surprise :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.