Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Spy Swap #2 - (SWAP FULL - Leave comment to be notified of next swap)


Update:  As of 3/3/2013 This swap is FULL.  If you are interested in being on a wait list in case someone cancels and/or to let you know when we do our next swap, go ahead and leave a comment or email me at polly.helping.little.hands (at) gmail (dot) com.    

So I thought for sure that my squares from our last I-Spy Swap would keep me busy for months.  (I'd filled double spots in each swap myself...and then a couple people backed out, so I ended up with 6 spots worth of squares.  Two weeks after the the squares got mailed out...uh...I'm almost out of squares.  I sewed up a quilt for my brother's new baby...and then 3 quilt tops to send to the children's hospital...and then the other ladies at our little quilt party sewed up 2 more quilt tops for the children's hospital.  Plus, the squares sew up so much faster than I was expecting.

Since quite a few people said they'd be interested in doing another swap and I've been getting emails from more people asking to be put on the waiting list, I thought we'd go for Round 2.

THE BASICS:
Mail 200 I-Spy squares to me by April 1st.

Get 200 I-Spy squares back, all different, by April 15th.
PLEASE be sure you can meet the deadlines BEFORE you sign up!

THE DETAILS:
1. The first 36 people to comment are in. [If you live outside the U.S., no problem -- but please mail your fabrics a little earlier so there's plenty of time to meet the deadline!]  You will mail your squares with a postage paid envelope for me to mail them back to you.
2. Cut 20 4" squares out of each of 10 different novelty print quilt fabrics (NO flannel!). A 1/4-yard cut or fat quarter will get you 20 4" squares, so you will be purchasing a total of about 2 1/2 yards of fabric. This is NOTHING when you think about all the different squares you will be getting back!
3. In order to avoid duplicates, everyone will need to search out unusual or obscure prints. Look for things that aren't available at chain stores. But, please, pick FUN ones! If you love it, the other swappers will love it too! Please upload pictures of your fabric choices to the HLH I-Spy Swap flickr group as soon as possible after ordering and check the flickr group before you place your order.  (If you order fabric online, many smaller shops will send you a picture.)  If you're not able to post to the flickr group for some reason, email me the picture and I will add it.  Please put Swap 2 somewhere in the picture title, so there will not be confusion with our last swap.
4. Remember that we are looking for fabric with objects on it, not printy-prints. (A fabric with FLOWERS on it is very different from a FLORAL PRINT.)
5. NO "licensed" prints: No Disney, Dora, L.A. Lakers, etc.
6. Remember seam allowances! Be sure you can tell what you are looking at within a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square. Nobody wants only half of an object in their square -- cut them well! (Depending on your fabric choice, you may need to buy more than 1/4 yard in order to get an object into each cut square.)
7.  This is a double swap, so you can sign up for 2 spots if you want...but the fabrics for each swap need to be different. 
If you want to join me in this obsession, leave a comment here that includes your email address!!

Remember: The FIRST 36 who comment (and leave their email address so I can contact you) are IN!
*IF by chance we don't make it to the full double swap, then I will open things up for people to take extra spots with duplicate fabric...so if you sign up for both swap A&B, you may end up with a few duplicates.  If you sign up for just one swap regardless if it's Swap A or Swap B, then all your squares will be different.  Hope that makes sense.
SERIOUS SWAPPERS ONLY...
Please read the guidelines before signing up! 

Many online shops have a 1/2 yard or 1 yard minimum when ordering fabric.  It can sometimes be a challenge to find shops online that will let you select your own fat quarters or quarter yard cuts.   Two shops I've found that are excellent sources of 1/4 yards are Sisters and Quilters where they let you build your own fat quarter bundle for any number of fat quarters.

Please show my sponsors some love...
Urban Zoologie - Bright Dinosaurs - From Sisters and Quilters
Build Your Own Fat Quarter Bundle - 10 (Other amounts available)
Tuxedo Collection Fabric Bundle - From Sisters and Quilters

Pin It

24 comments:

  1. Jennifer Blase
    blasejennifer@gmail.com
    I would love another swap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie Carlson craftnut351@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie Carlson craftnut351@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in again. I'd be happy to take 2 spots, if you need a filler at the end of sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will take two spots! mombugdesigns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in!funinthesunkauai@msn.com


    ReplyDelete
  8. Me please!!! vmackasey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in! giddy99 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I'm in. :)
    mimi.and.the.boy at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in as well. rebeccajeffsmith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Strategicthinker77@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I have never done a swap, but would like to do this!
      goldenstitches@verizon.net

      Delete
    4. Hi goldenstitches, I tried to add you to the swap, but when I sent the email, it bounced back as undeliverable. I need to be able to contact you via email for you to participate. Please email me at polly.helping.little.hands (at) gmail (dot) com. There are only 2 spots left at this point, so if I don't here from you soon, there might not be any spots left.

      Delete
    5. Hi goldenstitches, the swap is now full, but if you can send me an email that works, I'll let you know when we do our next one.

      Delete
  13. Hi Karen, count me in with one spot. charwirfs@ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd like a spot please! julie.teffeteller@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hola Soy de BsAs Argentina y me gustaria participar...
    me gustan mucho tus patrones!!!!espero estar en la lista!!!!ramarchiano@gmail.com Besos Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to participate in the next swap!

    deanna.frizzelle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to know when you do the next one!

    alsmay24@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would also like to participate in the next fabric swap. Thank you! luanne.c@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.