Monday, October 8, 2012

Easy Pumpkin Cut-Out Cupcakes

Just after making the Pumpkin Swirl Cupcakes, I remembered back to the Star Cut-Out Cupcakes and the Clover Cut-Out Cupcakes and realized I had a tiny pumpkin cookie cutter, soooo....

Pumpkin Cut-Out Cupcakes were born.

I love cut-out cupcakes because they look cute and are so easy.  My favorite thing about them though...the kids don't lick the frosting off their cupcake and leave the rest behind since the frosting is sandwiched inside.  An added bonus is that they're easy to transfer if you need to take them to a party or school since the frosting isn't exposed, and the kids faces don't get as messy eating them.



So here's what you do.  You need your cupcakes to raise slightly above the edge of the cupcake wrapper, so you fill the cupcakes just a bit more.  I usually get about 22 cupcakes instead of 24 out of a mix this way.  The instead of baking them at 350 degrees, I bake them at 325 instead and leave them in an extra few minutes.  They'll come out looking something like this.

Then slice off the top.

Cut out your shape.


Frost your cupcake.  I experimented with piping the frosting on for pumpkin lines using a large star tip, but you can spread it on with a knife and they turn out just as well.  (A small star tip would probably work best, but I couldn't find mine.

Pop the top back on

Add a little green stem...or not.  They'd look cute with just orange if you want to go super simple.  I piped mine on out of a ziploc bag with the corner snipped off.

This is how it turned out spreading it with a knife instead of piping it.  I almost think it's cuter.


Perfect for the class Halloween party or a trip to the pumpkin patch.

Come back next time Click here for the Monster version.

I'll be linking to:

Please show my sponsors some love...



Hedwig Necklace from Pieces by Polly

Onyx Constellation Southern Cross Necklace from Boutique Academia
Set of 4 Printable Flashcards (PDF) - Alpha, #'s, Shapes, and Colors - From The Red Kitchen


Modern Black and Gold Hexies Baby Quilt from Pieces by Polly
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Oh, yum. I love this idea. Can't wait to see how you did the monster cutout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! I can't wait to try this with my boys. :) Thanks Polly!
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and creative! Thanks for sharing :)

    Blessings to you,
    Stephanie
    www.theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I'm your newest follower, I saw your cupcakes featured on Sun Scholars, and I had to come say hi. These are so cute! What a creative idea.
    I hope you have time to come check out my blog as well :)
    http://sunshineandasummerbreeze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! I'd love for you to link these up in my Perfectly Pumpkin Contest at B-InspiredMama.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.