Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Moving on to Fajitas - Chicken Pieces/Nuggets - Felt-Food Cook-Along Day 8

If you're baking along with us, we finished our pizzas yesterday, so now we'll move on to fajitas. 

The good news is you're mostly done because we'll use a lot of our red and green bell peppers, shredded cheese, and onions from the pizza, and since we added that wire to the pizza crust, you've already got your tortilla.  What are we missing? Chicken pieces!  Even though I made these be to chicken pieces for fajitas, everyone who sees them thinks they're chicken nuggets, so they can do double duty.

These are really easy...and you could probably figure them out yourself, but here are the directions anyway.

Materials: Brown felt, needle and thread, sewing machine optional, stuffing or felt scraps cut up.

Cut out a brown blob shape free-hand.  I just cut out one side, sewed around the edges, leaving an opening, and trimmed the second side.

Then, I turned them inside out.  Stuffed them with snipped up felt scraps, and hand-sewed the opening shut.

If you want to use them as chicken nuggets, you can make ketchup, mustard or other dipping sauce the same way we made the pizza sauce, but on a smaller scale.

Fajitas sound good for dinner?  Check out my mom's recipe for my favorite (and low-fat) fajitas from my Frugal Food Friday Post on The Skinny.


If you're just now joining us, the links to other felt food tutorials I've done are at the top of the right side bar.  Also, if you've made some felt food of your own, be sure to share your link here, and grab a button to let other people join in on the fun!








4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the cook along! I need to stock up on some felt to try some of these. I love the chicken pieces/nuggets too. Chicken nuggets are my daughter's favorite food so we have to have them for the play kitchen!

    Thanks for sharing the great tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tutorials are awesome! I can't wait to see what is next. By the way, I love your blueberry muffin. I've been trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Anonymous...I'll do the muffin one next just for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, come share all you cute felt tutes at my party: Thursday's Treasures!!
    http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/01/thursdays-treasures-week-7.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.