Monday, February 27, 2012

WARNING - Crafting while Tired and Pregnant Could Lead to...

Crafting while tired and Pregnant could lead to some items like this...

I thought I was so brilliant and nerdy to come up with this...

I showed the Nuclear Physist onesie to Hubby and asked him, "Where do you think this is going?"  Meaning...what do you think will be on the back?...what's the punchline?  Hubby's response..."To someone who can't spell?"

That should be P-H-Y-S-I-C-I-S-T, as in physicist....someone who studies physics.

Ooops...good thing I had another white onesie.  I promise I took physics in college and got A's.  Meanwhile...bonus points to anyone who can guess the joke that this onesie was supposed to be.

And I've done freezer paper stenciling quite a few times...but not enough apparently because for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to water down the paint just a little before applying the paint.  Note to self...don't water down paint for freezer paper stenciling.  At least I messed up the first one which was an easy design to cut out for a second try...

And finally...I don't know if this one is better or worse.  I made this cute bulletin board for Firecracker with some of the left over fabric from her quilt.  I'd been admiring it all afternoon and didn't realize there was anything wrong with it until Hubby came home and I proudly showed it off to him.  Then he gave me this horrified/puzzled/did-I-miss-something look.

Apparently I don't know which way letters are written.  So far Firecracker hasn't noticed...I guess letter formation is still a creative process in First Grade...

...and at least the "a" spends most of it's time covered up.

But please be sure to notice the super cute buttons, that I did manage to properly glue on with hot glue to cover the sloppy corners made with left over bias tape.  You can buy your own cute white buttons (or buttons of just about any color) from my sister Katie at From the Red Kitchen.

Please show my sponsors some love...
Jumbo Handmade Scalloped Lace Edge  Button - From The Red Kitchen
Handmade Buttons - Set of 20 Cool Colors - From The Red Kitchen
Solar  System Print  from nJoy Art


Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Hahahaha...not to worry, the baby's future literacy skills won't be harmed by wearing a misspelled shirt. Good for you to create such fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny about the mistakes. We all have done it. Cute projects! I like the idea of taking the quilt fabric to make the board to match the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I hate when I make spelling mistakes! It happens more and more with mommy brain. And I even have an English degree! All of the projects are adorable, imperfections and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is a biohazard symbol over the rear of the onsie! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see some 'real life' projects rather than everything in blog-land being so seemingly perfect! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny! We've all done it. And let me tell ya, Mommie brain does not get better with teenagers:).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your onesies! I'm a total crafty nerd scientist, so I think the chromosomes are just awesome! I know that tired-crafting feeling though, my sister and I had some of that last weekend when we had to rip out a very basic project three times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your mistakes, we dont always have to do everything so perfect. My projects certainly are far from haha..
    www.newlifeovernight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the laughs! I hate it when I do things like that. I noticed how nicely your letters are formed, though. I am not that patient with an x-acto knife!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the physicist! Made me laugh when I saw it, if you only knew how many home work assignments I got from my tutoring students with it spelled like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like the other one is some smeared chromosome of a normal male :0).

    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny! Glad to know there's others out there with craft fails! :) haha! Stopping by from your feature at Sugar Bee Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA! That is so cute =) I'd totally add something funny under that =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh that's funny I've totally done stuff like that, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'd love you to add this an any other projects you want to show off at my What We Wore and Made party.


    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your onesies, very unique. Funny story! I once misspelled "Association" on the Honor Students Association banner at a college fair! Talk about embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I didn't notice it was spelled wrong :) I do math, not english :) So fun to only have half of your functioning brain when pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. too funny, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! People who don't believe in "pregnant brain" are crazy!!!
    Love your blog! Would love it if you stopped by sometime, I'm even doing a giveaway this week!
    Catherine
    http://tbc-tobecontinued.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. The onesies are soooo cute! We loved having you join us at "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.