Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Perfect Start to Summer...

This last week or two has been a real whirl-wind.  I've had four quilts that needed to be finished up during the last two weeks of school...

Two kids in baseball which finishes up this week...


Seth "graduated" from Kindergarten in addition to all the other end of year activities (field day, spring concert, etc).

 (That page says he wants to be Harry Potter when he grows up.)

We had fun kicking off our summer with the annual Histio Heros Walk & Bike-a-thon to earn money to research Histiocytosis (a rare cancer-like disease that our neighbor has).  The kids all rode their bikes in it. 



Eric pulled the little ones in his bike trailer...
and still managed to win 1st place for number of laps in the over 18 division.  (There wasn't a lot of competition since most of the young-adult men were helping with the even rather than racing...but still an impressive accomplishment.)  Anson got tired of riding about half-way through, but Becca stuck it out in the trailer for the whole two hours.  (I know...they should have had helmets on, but we couldn't find them at the last minute and they weren't riding on the road.)

I would have loved to ride bikes with the rest of the family, but I was manning the raffle booth.  I got the Dr. Seuss Quilt and another black and gold hexies quilt finished just in time, and there were a lot of other great donations as well.


I just finished up another session of scoring SATs, so now our summer can officially begin.  We've got lots of yard projects planned and I'm hoping to set aside some extra time for sewing since I'll have Eric home with me all summer.  (Yeah, for having a teacher for a husband.)

And I'm sure glad I signed kids up for art classes this week because we've lot rain...lots of it...even though we live in a pretty dry climate.  Katie took an art class yesterday.
...and inspired Seth and Becca to try some of their own at home.


I get to go to art class on Thursday and Friday...so I'm pretty excited.

I should have some "real" posts up soon and I'm getting everything ready for hosting my very first quilt-along to teach you how to make these hexies quilts.

Please show my sponsors some love...
1001 Things to Spot in Fairyland - From Lisa @ Usborne Books
Pi Necklace from Boutique Academia
Dr. Seuss Fat Quarter Bundle from Sisters and Quilters

I'll be linking to:
SixSistersStuff.com A Mommy Adventures Keeping It Simple abc buttonTip Junkie handmade projects giveaways make it wear it   Photobucket Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party! abc buttonShibley Smiles Fresh Poppy DesignPoint of View: A Creative Collaboration,a creative collaboration,point of view,point of view a creative collaborationThe Girl CreativeOr so she saysSo I Married A Craft BloggerWIP Wednesday at Freshly Piecedseven thirty three
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog while searching for I Spy Quilts and find your blog delightful with lots of original projects. I have loved making hospital quilts for many years and last week thought using my small pieces of children's prints would work well in I Spy quilts. Needless to say, I have been been doing a lot of cutting of 5" squares. I would love to be included in a future I Spy swap that you might have.
    Thank you and look forward to hearing from you. Betty Lou

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.