Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Child Decorated Burp Cloths

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that burp cloths are one of my favorite baby shower gifts.  They're easy, inexpensive, and they're rarely a "duplicate" gift...at least not at the showers I go to.

So we came up with another variation...

Firecracker's birth mom is due with a baby girl next month, so I was trying to figure out something that Firecracker could make for her half-sister.


I sewed the burp cloths and then handed them over to Firecracker with a sharpie and let her do some decorating.


I think they turned out pretty cute, and Firecracker was happy to get to decorate them herself.

She drew Alanna (her birthmom) and her husband, herself, and the new baby.
Pin It

And of course they got wrapped up with some brown paper and scrappy wrapping (see here for other scrappy wrapping ideas).

You can click here for more burp cloth gift ideas.


Please show my sponsors some love...
Scent Melts from Lily and Oak
Girl with the Savior Print from Shirleen Bland's Art Studio
Set of 4 Printable Flashcards (PDF) - Alpha, #'s, Shapes, and Colors - From The Red Kitchen

I'm linking to:
A Mommy AdventuresShow and Tell GreenMaking The Girl Creative Keeping It Simple abc button PhotobucketTip Junkie handmade projectsPhotobucket giveaways  Katie's Nesting Spot  Photobucket Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party! abc buttonShibley Smiles abc button Fresh Poppy DesignPoint of View: A Creative Collaboration,a creative collaboration,point of view,point of view a creative collaboration


9 comments:

  1. Great artwork, Firecracker The new baby will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when gifts have a personal touch. I make burp rags like this a lot but I love that you got Firecracker involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is darling I hope you'll add it to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! What a neat idea for a gift.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! I love that Firecracker got to help make something so personal for the new baby!! She did an awesome job too! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade burp cloths are the best!! These are super cute! We're so glad you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you!! Please come back next Saturday and share more of your great ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would've NEVER thought of using Sharpie on fabric. Is there no end to your creativity???

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet idea! I am sure her birth mom will be so happy with that gift. Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo I just noticed this post. But I do LOVE them! When I looked at the one Firecracker drew with the 4 of us it took me a few minutes to figure out who was in it. I'm going to feel bad having Baby L spit up on them haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.