Saturday, December 10, 2011

Baby's First Christmas and Expectant Mother Ornaments

I've been to two baby showers in the last week.  (Yeah, our baby is going to have LOTS of friends his age to play with.)

One for a baby that's expected before Christmas in about a week, so he got a Baby's First Christmas Book.



And one that's for a baby expected in mid-January...so his mom got a "What to Expect While You're Expecting" Ornament.

I thought it would be fun to include a personalized book ornament with each one along with my traditional shower gift.  I used it as the gift tag.  I put my name inside on a piece of cardstock taped in...because they really don't need my name on their tree...and put the year and name of the new mom.  You can put the baby's name inside the baby ornament if you know what it's going to be.

And of course if you're a regular reader, you know that my gift was handmade burp cloths. (Burp Cloth Tutorial here)  This time I tried folding them in thirds hamburger style and rolling them all up in a bundle.   And each package got it's own Scrappy Bow from bits left over from making the burp cloths.

I think Baby's First Christmas Ornaments would be a fun addition to the gift for any time of year.  In case you missed it, you can find the tutorial for making these easy book ornaments here.  And you can click over to the tutorial to enter my giveaway for a few book ornaments.  It's open until Wednesday, Dec. 14th.

I'll be linking to:
Visit thecsiproject.com A Mommy AdventuresShow and Tell GreenMaking The Girl Creative  Keeping It Simple abc button Tip Junkie handmade projectsPhotobucket giveaways   Katie's Nesting Spot   Photobucket Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party! Shibley Smiles abc button

1 comment:

  1. These are darling! I have a new baby and would love to do this for him! My computer died (typing this on my phone) so as soon as I get a new one I plan to try and do this! The print giveaway of the sheet of books is so generous! Thanks for sharing your ideas and hard work with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.