Saturday, January 29, 2011

Garage Date

Hubby asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I initially said a date.  We discussed going on a date to buy building supplies for a project.  We have a few small hardware stores in town, but to go to a bigger one it's over an hour round trip.  As we thought about it a little more we figured it would be better if I went and bought the supplies during the week, and we made a date to do the building in the garage.  Friday night we put the kids to bed EARLY and went to work.  Then we had a babysitter come over for a couple hours Saturday morning to give us a few more hours.

It was a super fun date and the project is nearly finished.  We are definitely going to be having more garage dates. :)

 I'll post more details about it later.  Can you tell what we made?  (And no fair for my mom and sister who I've talked to about the project to give it away. :)  I can't wait to get them in the house, but since we're not finished painting them, now it will have to wait until Monday.

4 comments:

  1. well you said they were shelves but from the pictures my guess is that they are floating shelves! What a fun idea for a date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new reader and I have to say I am really enjoying your blog and all the tutorials you have linked up to! Thanks! Having just read through many of them, I'm guessing you are making the toddler book shelves! Which is so interesting b/c I was just saying yesterday that I wish we had some shelves like those in our homeschool room for the library books we get. Perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hunk - no wonder you wanted a date with him. :) Happy birthday, and I look forward to future photos of the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get these from anawhite.com?? I was wondering how thick the wood was I want to make some of those. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.