Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thumb Print Christmas Tree Cards

Here are the cards we made to go with our teacher gifts and to give to other people who are involved with our kids.
Then on the inside, I found this cute quote and we made the thumbprint heart to go with it.

I saw some Christmas cards somewhere...on some blog that just had a single Christmas tree made from a fingerprint.  I didn't save the link, and now I can't find it...so if that was you, let me know so I can link back.  Anyway, I took that idea and we made thumbprint cards with the kids.  Instead of one tree, we have three and each kid donated a finger.  We used a straw to stand the stars and ornaments on, and a colored pencil for the trunks. 

And we had a rebelious finger with one of the stamp jobs and ended up a green smear instead of a thumbprint...and turned it into a Christmas tree of it's own.  I acutally think I like this one the best...but we'd already done most of them by this time.

And this is the cute note Firecracker wrote her teacher, and then we added some notes ourselves.

You could easily type these cards up yourself...but to save you the trouble, you can download the printable here.  We made two versions, a big one that uses a full sheet of cardstock and a smaller one that gives you two from a single piece of cardstock.  (The big ones were good for Firecracker to write in, but otherwise, I think the small ones match the size of the thumbprints better.)

Small Card
Smaller Thumbprint Christmas Tree Card
Large Card
Larger Thumbprint Christmas Tree Card

I'm linking to:
abc button Making The Girl Creative Sumo Sweet Stuff   Show and Tell Green Photobucket giveaways Katie's Nesting Spot Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!



5 comments:

  1. Positively adorable!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Judy@cutest-little-things

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful cards! I think these might be our Christmas cards for next year! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are SO SO SO sweet!! Love them!


    I would LOVE for you to join us at Kids Get Crafty (every Wednesday on Red Ted Art) - current link up http://www.redtedart.com/2010/12/15/kids-get-crafty-christmas-baubles/

    Hope to see you there!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quote you used is wonderful. I love your card. The people that get them will too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.