Thursday, October 21, 2010

25-Minute Leggings and Pants

Over the summer, I wrote a tutorial for making shorts and capris from old T-shirts in about 25 minutes.  Little Brother and Sweet Peas drawers are full of those shorts...and now it's getting too cold to wear them.  Knowing it's only going to get colder, I pulled out my stash of T-shirts and whipped up a couple of pairs of leggings for Sweet Pea to wear under her dresses, skirts or even shorts too keep those little baby legs of hers warm and toasty on our cool fall mornings.

I put these on her to check the fit and she wouldn't let me take them off.  (They're longer than they look.  She's standing on her tiptoes.)
See those gaps in that cute smile?  They're causing us all kinds of trouble because the teeth are about to come in and she is CRANKY about it.  
 
And they look super cute when they're getting into trouble...like climbing up on Big Sister's bed when she forgot to take the ladder down.

If you want to make some of your own, all it takes is an old t-shirt (preferably about a 95%/5% cotton/spandex blend) and elastic.  You can find my tutorial here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I have to laugh about the climbing up the ladder, my little guy does the same thing! Every time my daughter forgets to take it down we always know where to find him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love those baby toes! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!!

    This week is my blog anniversary and I'm hosting a week's worth of great giveaways. Feel free to stop by if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.