Monday, January 4, 2010

No-Sew Felt Tortellini Pasta: 12 Days After Christmas

I had been doing well keeping up the pace with my after Christmas posts, but then the weekend hit, so here I'm back.  We'll see how often I keep on posting since I'm not officially on the sub-list and can get called in any day now.  My camera was actually behaving fairly well the night I made these, so only half of the pictures are blurry. ;)

So here is the third installment of felt food and again, I used one of Angie's tutorials on Treasures for Tots. This time it's the Tortellini.  I just can't get over how real they look, and they're SO easy.  You don't even have to sew to make these! 

I've put some pictures up here, but Angie's are a lot better, so you should check her's out too.  The main "improvement" I feel like I made on her instructions are using the pliers, especially in the last step.  Otherwise I followed her directions exactly...I even actually used cotton balls instead of trying to use diced up felt scraps for this one.

Materials:  3 in felt squares (You can get 12 out of a piece of craft felt.), cotton balls, glue gun


For any step where you are waiting for the glue to cool, I used a pair of pliers to hold it while I worked on another one.  You want to keep the pliers a bit loose, though, because if you hold it too tight, you'll see the square shape of the pliers when you let go.

Stretch the cotton ball out a bit and put it in the middle of your felt.  Put a dab of glue on the top corner.

Fold in half to make a triangle.

Put a strip of glue along one side.  Press and hold together. 

Repeat for the second side.

Roll it up a bit so it looks like this:

Put a dab of glue on one side like this.

Fold the other side over, so it overlaps the glue...and hold.

Easy Peasy!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I agree that it looks easy-peasy. And low calorie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look GREAT!! You could use clothespins to hold them in place - I do!

    I just uploaded a new felt food tutorial - this time Valentine's Day fortune cookies!
    http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/01/felt-valentines-day-fortune-cookies.html

    Let me know if you try it - I'd love to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I grabbed your button too! Thank you for trying my tutes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.