Friday, September 18, 2009

Mini-Tutorial: Burp Clothes Again...another idea

My sister Katie sent me this link at U-Create because she knew I'd just done the burp clothes. It's an idea for turning them into cupcakes for a cuter gift presentation. I figured I better show the results. I just used one burp cloth as shown in the earlier tutorial. It was a bit of a trick to get the folding right, since I wanted to make sure both sides showed at the top. I settled on folding it kind of accordian style. Sorry the flash did such awful things to the picture.


Then I rolled it up and pinned it with regular straight pins.

I didn't have much in the way of trim, but I did have some white lacey-type stuff left over from a dress I did with my daughter...but it didn't even show once it was in the cupcake paper. Sorry it's a little blurry...Boy didn't want to hold still. :)

Mine don't look nearly as cute as the original, so you really should go check them out. My kids thought it was cute though and didn't want to put the "cupcake" down. I might do these plain-Jane style next time I give them to someone...roll them up without the ribbon, put them on cupcake papers, put them on a paperplate and cover with aluminum foil.

We just came across a necklace of Firecracker's that's broken, so I added a couple of those flowers to the top with pins and got this:

Stay-tuned...Firecracker and I are almost done with her Halloween Costume...which cost about $2 to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you. I also love responding, so please make sure your Blogger account is set up for me to be able to see your email address or include your email address. I've had to stop accepting anonymous comments due to spam. If you don't have any other way to comment, you can always send an email.